Monday, 4 July 2011

Explaining the Posts!

Sorry it's been such a long time since my last post! I've been thinking a lot about what I want this blog to be and exactly what i should say in it. Should I use it as a tool to help other people in a similar situation to mine - when there are already numerous blogs and books out there doing the same thing - or should I use it as a sort of online diary of my thoughts and feelings? I've decided to stop procrastinating over the issue and to go with the latter.

That's not to say that I do not want to help anyone who is going through a similar dark patch in their life, but instead that I wanted the blog to be personal and unique! There are so many helpful books out there that are definitely worth a read, and I will mention these in a later post, but another thing that has helped me immensely is music.

You see, depression is such a personal illness, and I have found that hardly anyone can understand what I am going through. The hardest thing is to put into words exactly how you feel, especially during the hardest times of the day/week. many different phrases have been used such as: it's like living in a glass box, it's like having a constant black cloud over your head, or the one that I use the most; it's like living as a ghost.

That's why I always turn to music when i am feeling so low. There are many artists that have gone through depression and hearing them describe it in their music sends a sense of soothing - almost as if there is someone out there that understands my pain. Not only this but even songs which are quite dark or powerful are addictive to listen to!

So look out for future blogs in which I will be sharing my favourite songs for my various moods! Essentially I have three separate moods: the first being well and ok (relative to the depression), the second feeling weak ad desperate, and the third being angry, dark and volatile. The music I listen to is really reflective on the mood that I feel at the current time!

No comments: